Overview of Dubai’s central district, its advantages, attractions, and real estate. Luxury real estate in Downtown Dubai at attractive prices from developers.
- What you need to know about the location
- Advantages of the district
- Transport accessibility
- All about real estate in the center of Dubai
- New buildings and community in Downtown Dubai
- Real estate rental prices in Downtown Dubai
- Real estate in Downtown Dubai for investment
- Assistance in buying real estate from specialists
Downtown Dubai is a huge 1.5 square kilometer residential and commercial complex located in the north of the emirate. The area is continuously growing and developing, so some parts of it are still under construction.
It is home to some of Dubai's most famous landmarks, including the ultra-tall Burj Khalifa skyscraper, the world's largest mall Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain, and the Dubai Opera.
Real estate in Downtown Dubai includes high-rise residential complexes, hotels, and business centers with ultramodern amenities and magnificent views.
This area runs along the Sheikh Zayed Road, opposite the Al Wasl District. On the south, it borders the business center of Dubai, Business Bay, and on the north, the Financial Center.
The excellent location makes the city center lively throughout the year. There is always something to do in Downtown Dubai. Most of all, this area is well-known for its luxurious lifestyle. This is the most famous tourist destination and the second most popular area for living in Dubai, after the Dubai Marina.
What is so good about this area, and why is it so popular?
Nothing helps you experience the flavor and culture like the sights of this city. Downtown Dubai has some of the most iconic locations in the UAE. Here are some of them.
- Burj Khalifa
Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building, towering an incredible 828 meters above the city. This is a multifunctional construction with the Dubai Mall, Al Bahar Market, and Dubai Fountain, among others, with numerous hotels and residential apartments.
- The Dubai Fountain
The Dubai Fountain is the most popular free tourist attraction in the city. It is built on the Burj Khalifa Lake in the center of Dubai. The fountain sprays water up to 15 meters, illuminated by more than 6,000 lamps, color projectors, and lasers.
- The Dubai Mall
This mall is one of the world’s largest shopping malls. It is located in the heart of the emirate. This is the largest mall in the city, where there are over 1,000 shops and restaurants. The Dubai Mall offers several tourist destinations, including an ice rink, a multiplex cinema, and an aquarium.
- Dubai Opera
This complex is a Performing Arts Center with 2,000 seats. This huge structure was designed for ballet, opera, conferences, and exhibitions.
- Old Town
The Dubai Center displays a spectacle of futuristic vision and architectural ingenuity, whilst simultaneously offering the influence of traditional projects. The center of such sights was the Old City with the authentic Souk Al Bahar bazaar.
The earthy tones and architecture reflect Arab traditions and culture.
The center of Dubai is located to the east of Sheikh Zayed Street, which separates it from the Persian Gulf. Due to the highway, it is impossible to access the sea on foot, although the distance between the border of the district and the coast is about three kilometers.
It takes 15-20 minutes by car or 45 minutes by bus No. 81 to get to the popular public beaches such as Jumeirah Beach. The Open Beach is 15 minutes by car or taxi, and less than 40 minutes by bus No. 81. In addition, there are many swimming pools in the center of Dubai, which can be found in almost every residential complex in the area.
- Armani Hotel in Burj Khalifa
The hotel has many premium amenities. It offers rooms with interiors designed by Italian designer Giorgio Armani. The hotel also has seven first-class restaurants with high-end service.
- Address Boulevard Hotel
The modern and spacious rooms are decorated in soothing tones and feature an elegant design and state-of-the-art technology. Residents of the hotel have direct access to the Dubai Mall.
- DAMAC Maison Distinction
The hotel towers over the center of Dubai and is located at the intersection of the business district of Business Bay and Dubai Creek. Its balconies offer stunning views of the surrounding architectural masterpieces.
From the center of Dubai, you can drive to the Dubai Mall in about five minutes, to the Palm Jumeirah in 21 minutes, to Burj Al Arab in 20 minutes, and to the Walk JBR shopping promenade in 26 minutes.
Dubai International Airport (DXB) is about 33 minutes away and the new Al Maktoum International Airport is about 45 minutes away.
Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall and Business Bay are the nearest metro stations.
The Dubai trolleybus, the world's first hydrogen-fueled tram, runs through the area. The city's public transport park uses open-top double-decker trams that run in the direction of Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Souk Al Bahar, and between three hotels in the city center. Eventually, the route creates a 7-kilometer loop around the area.
Since the area of the district is limited, multi-story buildings predominate here. The most common type of real estate in Downtown Dubai is 1 to 3-bedroom apartments (including serviced apartments) and penthouses. The price of 1-bedroom apartments starts from AED 1,666,777 ($453,790, ¥2,967,786), and the price of 3–bedroom apartments starts from AED 4,333,777 ($1,179,897, ¥7,716,526).
You can also buy or rent villas and townhouses here. There is a limited series of houses located on the upper floors of high-rise buildings. Prices for villas in Downtown Dubai start from AED 1,914,000 ($521,098, ¥3,407,984), and for townhouses begin at AED 5,100,000 ($1,388,506, ¥9,080,829).
Another exclusive option is to purchase an entire floor of a residential tower in an off-plan or finished building.
There are 124 residential complexes in the center of Dubai. Of these, 88 have been completed, 4 are at the planning stage, 19 are at various stages of construction, and 8 are either suspended or delayed.
Top 3 new ready-to-inhabit premium buildings:
- Burj Vista is an elite project of two towers. The height of the Burj Vista Tower 1 is 65 floors, and Tower 2 is 20 floors. In Burj Vista, there are 520 luxury apartments in Tower 1 and 120 in Tower 2. The 1, 2, and 3-bedroom apartments have large terraces that offer stunning views of Burj Khalifa and the city center. Prices for apartments start from AED 1,530,000 ($416,552, ¥2,724,250).
- The Address Residence Fountain Views is a complex of three separate buildings; Address Residence Fountain Views 1, 2, and 3. The three-tower complex overlooks the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain. Towers 1 and 3 have 59 floors each, and Tower 2 has 65 floors. Prices for apartments in the project start from AED 2,034,898 ($554,013, ¥3,623,249).
- The Address Residence Sky View is connected to the Dubai Metro and the Dubai Mall via a high-speed elevator with air conditioning. Above the complex of towers on the 54th level, there is a unique sky bridge with a branded restaurant, a ballroom, an infinity pool, and a terrace for relaxation, offering panoramic views of the center of Dubai and the bay. The starting price for real estate in the project is AED 1,900,000 ($517,286, ¥3,383,056).
According to the Property Monitor analytical service, the average cost of renting apartments in Downtown Dubai is AED 113,254 ($30,834, ¥201,655) per year.
Prices for renting an apartment in Downtown Dubai, depending on the layout:
- 1–bedroom apartments range from AED 4,000 ($1,089, ¥7,122) to AED 9,500 ($2,586, ¥16,915) per month
- 3–bedroom apartments go from AED 7,000 ($1,905, ¥12,463) to AED 16,500 ($4,492, ¥29,379) per month.
Downtown Dubai belongs to the freehold zones, which means that foreign nationals can buy real estate here and own it without requiring an Arab sponsor. In May 2022, the average return on investment in the district was 5.42% per annum. Young professionals prefer to buy housing here to live and work in the country, and investors prefer to make a profit by renting or reselling the property.
The website contains the best offers for the area from the leading developers of the UAE. Here you will find furnished studios, spacious apartments, and the most luxurious villas in Downtown Dubai. The site employs English-speaking real estate specialists in Dubai, who are always ready to answer your questions and help you purchase and sell housing.